Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Me...and you

This dance that we dance,
These steps that we take,
The intricate moves we make...
What do they all mean?

You take my hand,
Guide my steps into a tango,
Dip me then stare into my eyes.
Then, just like that you let me fall...

I stand up and run to you,
Like a pro, you lift me up,
And once again, my dear,
Me and you are soaring high.

Grab and hold,
Spinning me out of control,
Like a dance to the death,
But still, firm to your arms i hold.

A pirouett here, a spin right there,
A touch of your hand on mine,
A look that drowns out all doubt,
Then you cast me away from you.

I dance this dance with you, my dear,
Always hopeful that you will hold me near,
But when the music dies, you are gone..
No dance, just echoes, on my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment