Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Diary of a woman cheated on

I saw you with her, for the first time, I did.

Everyone was telling me you were with her, I never really believed it, and I dint want to accuse you of anything that I hadn’t seen myself (totally Kenyan right there, “me, I”)

So I just kept it to myself, I never uttered a word and I watched you lie to me and slowly kill the feelings that I had for you and, sadly, for me too.



I saw you with her, not just holding her, but with her, and the last feeling I had flickered out. I saw you with her and there, my resolve died.

She dint look prettier than me, she dint look that smart, and when she did open her mouth, she cemented that…..I looked at you, the questions I wanted to ask, ‘why?’ being top of the list just dint come out.

I looked at you, I dint see what I thought had always been in there mirrored; I looked at you and saw the truth.



I cried for what I thought I was losing

I left, dint say a word, I just left.





I came back, I did, then I took your spray can and graphitized your shirts and your shoes, I took extra time on the YSL limited edition sneakers you so loved.

I sneezed coz of the smell of the paint



I poured all your shower gels down the drain, they smelt good, they did



I went into the kitchen, it was once ‘our’ kitchen oh, so long ago that seemed.

I poured flour on the floor, then a layer of currants and nuts, then sugar just to sweeten things up, then more flour, just to make it even then layered on all the syrups from the fridge, you love syrup, don’t you, honey?



The living room looked so nice and tidy, I had put so much work into it, the white Persian rug, I loved that rug, but I wanted a patterned one, back to the spray can, and then a dash of cranberry juice…

There….a masterpiece Picasso would have been very pleased to see



I loved watching movies on your telly, like you always said, ‘we don’t need to go to the movies, we let them come to us’

I played catch with that, took the crystal flutes I bought for your 28th birthday and we got down to business, I do not understand why the telly doesn’t want to play, it keeps dropping everything! Oops, it has scratches and a character giving crack right in the middle



I'm bored…..

I know, I hate these curtains, I feel like a frilly look will be better or a grunge torn up look, where are those scissors?

Rip, snip, tear, nicely done, I like that I can see through to the neighbors, doesn’t feel so lonely anymore. I always told you that seclusion wasn’t so nice, now you can see why



Aaawww, don’t we look pretty in that portrait? But it lacks pizazz! So back to the spray can, originality is crucial, so I think, mustache on you, little imp horns and a few missing teeth, nice!!!



I pack up and leave, for good this time.



Your car looks nice, freshly washed and waxed, aah, so many memories, I have my keys in my hand; you know that sound metal on metal makes, yeah, I hate that sound too, and it went on for so long!!!



Then I went off into the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment