Monday, July 26, 2010

Feeling

The heart never lies.

But it does let you down sometimes,
Lets you go where it knows only lies hurt
Despair,
Anguish,
Leads you to a broken self.

So now that you led me there
Led me to a love that seemed to be doomed
Led me to a place that was rife with promise
That place that I found I wanted to stay
Spend eternity in, and not have to leave
I let go of reality, only wanted to live in the dream

That place that promised only glee
Only happiness, never a tear drop
Though once, it did rear its ugly face,
I chose to ignore it
I chose not to see the truth
Because at that point,
Naïveté was bliss
And all I thought I ever wanted,
I had in my heart and in my hold

I felt like my heart would burst
If that were ever possible,
Then it happened to me quite a lot
Always, I had a reason to smile
This heart of mine had brought to me
A world full of nothing but pleasure
Feel-good days

But now,
Now, all I feel is hurt
That heart that was once so full,
So whole
Has now burst its last,
And it isn’t such a pleasant feeling
It’s a cold, wrenching, pain
It’s an emptiness, chasm, an abyss

Gone from me is the happiness
The joy of two
And I’m alone
Cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment