Monday, July 26, 2010

Valentines

So its here again, Valentines, its never really meant much since there is nothing really special about it, don’t get me wrong, I am not ‘hating’ on those that wait with bated breathe for this day, no, I actually applaud their enthusiasm….whatever it is for.

This is how I look at it;
If you are in their life, then everyday, (....ok, every other day?.......fine then, once in a while!) should be (like) Valentines, them telling you that they love (cough! cough! excuse me) you, they give you little (or big) gifts…. I find little gifts better, perfume is little, a diamond ring is little, and that pair of heels is little (my shoe size is four, and that is little!)
So the ladies have to agree with me there, I would rather get a little gift rather than a gargantuan gift (unless it’s a house, of course! hehe) that I will not use or really care for.

So now, where was I? Oh, yeah, gifts….they should come often, not just on that one day that all the guys moan and bitch about because they think that their ‘mama’ (isn’t that what guys call their female partners? Oh, what is language coming to?!) is going to clear his savings on.

Here is a “savings plan” for guys, who am a kidding, this is still going to cost you! Treat her often with little trinkets (note the use of the word ‘trinkets’) because to women, even the smallest action is greatly magnified in the department where you, the guy, is classified as sensitive and the “best boyfriend ever!” and you can be sure that she is always going to drop your name into a conversation that she has with her friends, (the girls lurv you, the guys hate you for the never ending ‘lectures’ they will get, all starting with, “Anne’s boyfriend did….bought…said…”)
But, on a lighter note, this gives you more time alone, you can “hang” with the “boys” (pun not intended) 'cos she is sure that she is in your thoughts…I mean, us girls, we can be so naive!! (I’m a bit embarrassed by my species right now, but I will get over it soon enough)

Now, before one of the girls kills me, here is the upside to my advice to the other sex, you get little gifts (refer to my inference on ‘little’ gifts) all the time as opposed to the one time in February that is not on your birthday because he forgets that even after you have pasted it in bold CAPITAL letters behind the toilet door! (I know! It’s a down, right shame!)

So now that we, both sexes, know what is more or less expected of us, what was I talking about? Oh, yeah, it’s Valentines all over again! Someone wake me up when all this is over.

Signed,

The Grinch of Valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment