Monday, July 26, 2010

The Other Woman

So I have been meaning to write in a long time, but I just haven’t gotten the time or I have and then I backed out coz of one reason or the other, and mostly coz I was too pissed off to write, but today, I figured I would use the anger to actually beat down the keys on my keyboard, and come up with something.

I have been thinking a lot on so many subjects, and I have this uncanny ability to run several ideas through my mind at the same time and make sense of all of them.

The other woman:

She is the woman that we all look at in a totally different light, like she defines sin, desperation…
But I tried to put myself in her shoes and it was really eye opening, and before you go throwing your shoes at me [if they are size 4’s and really pretty, feel free to throw the both of them at me, hehe] hear me out:

She is in a relationship which really isn’t a relationship, in that she isn’t really tied down to the man, she can be in another relationship with someone else, promiscuous, I know, but im not trying to bring out the bad’s of this woman, no. Im trying to line up the pro’s in one pretty little line, so she can be whatever she wants to be. Tell me, all the girlies, that this is something you haven’t thought about, to be free of guilt, like when you wear one pair of shoes all the time and you think the others will feel neglected or jealous; huh, you haven’t thought about it? Coz I have.

Now, where was i? oh, yeah, she can be in another relationship and feel exactly zero guilt about it, you try doing that with your girlfriend/boyfriend (and for the politically correctness of it all, ‘man friend’) the last one sounds a bit like a “man-whore” to me, but we all know me, so there.

Next, this chick gets what she wants all the time, well, almost all the time;
So im the other woman, and I have this man-pal/friend and I need to go shopping for clothes, so I call him and go like,

“sweetie, how you been?”
…..
“im good, and I miss you too”
….
“no, nothing is wrong, I just saw this nice pair of jeans, and I wanted to get them”

“about 20 thousand will do”
….
“Its ok, I will come pick it up in the afternoon/morning”
…..
“yeah, we wouldn’t want that, its ok if you send the driver, thanks darling”

Easy peasy! And I go shopping.

I have sometimes wondered what it is that makes the men so receptive to the other woman, so I asked the experts, [I had to use that line] and the guys tell me this:

• She listens
• Almost always available and if not, for a good reason and will make up
• Never complains of headaches
• Dresses better
• Takes it better than my wife/girlfriend [let me expound on this; she will “take it” in more ways than the wife/girlfriend will]
• Never uses sex as a weapon/bargaining tool
• Always up for a new “adventure”, this means that if I call her to go with me to Mombasa now, she will be ready and very willing, said one of the guys
• She talks to me, she actually sits and talks to me, not whine and complain, no, actual conversation, said another dude
• If I bring another woman into the equation, she doesn’t raise hell

So I got several more comments from the guys and long story short, what the girlfriend/wife wont do, the ‘other woman’ is very willing to do and she will vastly enjoy it.
Im not saying bring another woman into your bedroom for your man, if its something you have never discussed or suggested before, he will think it is a trick and will most probably run away or walk out and go to the bar because he thinks its one of the many tests/tricks that women come up with and all the way, he will be alternating between thinking how he has both dodged a bullet and missed the best experience of his entire life.
The above experience will not end very nicely not unless you are the other woman.

This woman is so resilient, and even though she is not the most favorite person in the world for almost everyone, and least of all the “main woman”, so starts her woes.

I have to give it to her; she is the strongest woman to take all kind of crap from men, and from women too, especially from women.

Now am really tempted to “look” at the cons of being the other woman, coz I had to stop looking at the ‘pro’s’ because there is this niggling thought in my head that is telling me how great it would be to actually be the other woman instead of trying to get into a relationship that I know I will hate with a passion, and will not really be exciting but a convenience.

Well, its just a thought, or is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment