Monday, July 26, 2010

The Sex Was Good

A few days ago I put this up as my status update;
“THE SEX WAS GOOD, BUT EVEN THAT GETS LAME.”

Well, I got several comments and y’all thought, ‘here we go again’, its “that” guy, AGAIN.
Well, it wasn’t, and it isn’t, now.

I was thinking about the way we stick in a relationship because we are too afraid to start all over again, the way the thought of having to start all over again with someone else gives you a sinking feeling in your tummy, you want to cry, and you just hang in there and give excuses like, “the sex is really good” (I figure this is the most used excuse for staying in a bad relationship)

I know this girl who got beat up by her boyfriend
(I can’t call anyone who lays their hands on a woman a ‘man’, am sorry, but I just can’t)
And every time you asked her why she still stayed, she would go like,
“Who else will give it to me that good? I haven’t met anyone who can, and I have been trying”
All the while dabbing at her swollen lip, putting ice on her already blacked out eye, and looking like a punching bag that had seen better days.

Every time she said this to me, I stopped feeling sorry for her and wanted to go upside her head, maybe knock some sense into her!
But, seriously, we make excuses for a lot of things in our lives that we would be better off without, learn to let go…

That pair of shoes that you like so much and coz it a “designer”, you keep on wearing it even though it looks so bad we want to retch every time you wear it; let go

That friend of yours that you keep around because you have been best friends from when you were 2, but at the first sign of trouble she runs; is the first to put you down and say “I told you so”; will take your man/girl without missing a beat; let go

That job that pays you crap, but coz your aunt/uncle got it for you (or is your boss), and coz it’s close to where you live; let go

There are many things in our lives we look at in that light, “the sex is good..” but you have to know that the “sex” can be just as good with someone else, even better, all you have to do is let go.

It isn’t such a hard thing, unclench, relax, and open yourself up to an opportunity.

In other news, I went for Karaoke with a pal and I had a lovely time, between the terrible singing and the hot chocolate and Ronnie convincing me to have a go at singing, it was really nice. Thank you Ronnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment