Monday, July 26, 2010

Happenings

I was going to write stuff about how I was reminiscing about the past, but then, why would I need to go back there?
Let’s keep to the present…..

The other day I was sitting in my favorite coffee house where I had ordered for herbal ice tea and the girl who brought it gave me honey instead of sugar syrup, now, am not in the mood to lose my temper coz my day has gone well thus far, but
‘Where the hell did you go to school?’

You know very well that honey doesn’t dissolve in cold beverages!! So I curse on the inside and I look into my glass, and there are no ice cubes in there!!!

I don’t know about you, but when I want ice tea, I want to see the ice cubes in my glass…so I ask the girl, and she says that ‘they’ blended my ice tea.

“Who in –effing hell asked you to do that??!”

And she still has the gall to go like,

“Well, that is how we make our ice tea, just say you want more and I will add ice cubes”

Who the hell gave you the balls to tell me that?!(‘Coz I want to kill them!)
I think she is in the wrong industry, I want ice tea with ice cubes, am the customer, you should give me what I want, darn it!

I still don’t want to lose my temper and I look at her and pour all the honey into my blended ice tea which, surprise, surprise, sinks right to the bottom!!(Dint see that one coming, did’ya?)

This girl just doesn’t get it, “just keep stirring, it will eventually melt”
Oh, my bad, I dint know that cold ‘melted’ stuff, let alone honey!

So I humor her, I stir my blended-ice-tea to “melt” the honey…

I see my favorite waitress coming and I whisper a silent prayer,
”thank you God for all the things and people I take for granted…”

She looks at my ice tea perplexed and goes and brings me sugar syrup!! Yay! She apologizes and asks after my day…lovely service!
I tell her that I had a lovely day, and she stays to chat a bit longer, and then goes to attend to other patrons. Real good service.

You know, even after she (the waitress from “blond school”) messed up everything about my brew, I will still go back to my favorite coffee house, because there will always be someone to make me smile. (And if there isn’t I will throw a right tantrum!! I kid you not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment